About the role
Reporting to the National Program Director and working within a small and dedicated Program Management Team, the Senior Project Manager will play a key role in the development and delivery of this federally initiative over the next two years. This is a highly diverse, multifaceted position to start immediately on a full time basis. Travel to Sydney and Canberra will be required whilst working from a Queensland based office in the inner suburbs of Brisbane CBD.
Duties & Responsibilities
The scope of the Senior Project Manager will work across the areas of strategic program planning, workstream management and stakeholder engagement. Key duties will include:
- Develop the program workplan in consideration of critical deadlines, inter-dependencies, scoping, budgets and key deliverables
- Implement the program workstream and manage the progress of the program plan ensuring timelines and deliverables are met and taking corrective action where appropriate
- Track and analyse project data to assess risks and overall project health, and to inform effective decision making
- Develop and deliver targeted communication to relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders across the project streams and amongst various government departments, regulatory bodies, and other associations
Skills & Experience required
- Extensive experience and background in program and project management, business analytics and risk mitigation
- Proven track record in end-to-end project and integration management on a Federal and State level
- Sophisticated stakeholder management skills – you must be emotionally and culturally intelligent with well-developed interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to keep all stakeholders on track with timelines and budgets
- Strong emphasis on accuracy, detail and thoroughness with following through project plans in line with compliance, project governance and policies
- Personal commitment to the values and mission of the organisation, and to seeing the successful delivery and impact of this program
Benefits & Culture
This is a unique and challenging opportunity to put your stamp on a large-scale and high profile health and education initiative in which the impact of deliverables will contribute to improving the support to children across Australia with type 1 diabetes. Additional benefits include:
- Attractive salary on offer with salary sacrificing benefits
- Strategic and operational role
- Working with a high profile, well regarded, Not-for-Profit organisation
- Contributing to a team of industry experts and like-minded, passionate individuals
About the organisation
This organisation is a Not-for-Profit national body dedicated to improving the lives of people living with, or at risk of disease through the provision of education, advice, ongoing support and advocacy for its members and wider community. It is a credible source of information for the public, and it turns knowledge and evidence into advocacy and programs for the Australian community.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Project Manager (Diabetes in Schools) via Pro Bono Australia.