About the role
- Position: Full-time (0.8 available if required)
- Salary : $85,000 to $90,000k
- Location: Preston
About the role:
You will be a member of a team responsible for contributing to growing the organisation and enhancing the service practice. You will be responsible for the research and writing submission in response to grant and tender opportunities and support the organisation to deliver culturally responsive programs and policies to meet the needs of vulnerable Aboriginal children and families.
To be considered for this you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and historical and contemporary issues affecting Aboriginal children and families.
- Personal values consistent with the values of VACCA and commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Strong skills and experience in writing documents such as submissions, policy papers or research reports in a community services field or related area.
- Strong skills and experience in project planning and program development, including budget planning and data analysis.
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Project Officer - Projects and Reform via Pro Bono Australia.