About the Role
The Mito Foundation is seeking a highly organised and motivated Services Team Leader to manage the foundation’s support, research, educational and advocacy programs. This is a full-time parental leave contract for up to 12 months.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Services Team Leader is responsible for the ongoing management and further development of Mito Foundation support, research, educational and advocacy programs, including leading, coaching and mentoring the Services team.
- Manage and develop support, research, education and advocacy programs, including delivery of services, project planning and implementation
- Coach and guide Services team and manage Services budget
- Oversee support services, research projects and grants, medical education programs and advocacy initiatives, including planning meetings, creating and distributing meeting documentation
- Coordinate advisory panels, including planning meetings, creating and distributing meeting documentation, managing membership
- Collaborate with Fundraising and Communications teams to support their activities
- Manage Global Mitochondrial Disease Awareness Week activities
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Two or more years’ relevant experience in a similar role or industry (health promotion charity preferred)
- The passion to get behind our great cause and make a difference
- The ability to build and foster collaborative relationships
- Knowledge of the health system in Australia
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to work both independently and cohesively as part of a small and passionate team
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Team spirit, and a flexible and friendly nature
The following would be advantageous:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field
- Previous experience working in advocacy
- Previous experience with Salesforce
- Knowledge of genetics
- Knowledge of all levels of Australia government systems
- Knowledge of Australian medical education systems
- A connection with mito
About the Organisation
Based in Surry Hills, the Mito Foundation offers flexible and family friendly working arrangements with attractive salary packing options leveraging Mito Foundation’s FBT exemption status to maximise your take home pay.
The Mito Foundation supports those affected by mitochondrial disease (mito), funds essential research into the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cures of mitochondrial disorders, and increases awareness and education about this devastating disease. One Australian child born each week will develop a severe or life-threatening form of mitochondrial disease (mito).
The Mito Foundation’s mission is to support the mito community whilst seeking cures.
Mito is a debilitating genetic disorder that robs the body’s cells of energy, causing multiple organ dysfunction or failure and potentially death. There are no cures and few effective treatments. It affects 1 in 5000 people, making it the second most commonly diagnosed, serious genetic disease after cystic fibrosis. Mito can cause any symptom in any organ at any age.
For more information about Mito Foundation, please visit www.mito.org.au.
The Mito Foundation is evolving and we currently have multiple opportunities available for great people to join us in making a difference for people affected by this devastating disease. Check out www.mito.org.au/opportunities and if you know anyone who might be suitable, please let them know.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 8033 4113
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email a cover letter addressing the above criteria and a copy of your resume to email@example.com using the subject line: Services Team Leader application via ProBono.
Apply today, don't delay! We will be reviewing applications as they are received.
Please quote in application: Services Programs Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.