About the role
The Social and Emotional Wellbeing Counsellor (based in Alice Springs) will be responsible for creating a strengths-based therapeutic counselling framework and service and will work with children, young people, adults and elders across a wide range of issues. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience and demonstrated success working with First Nations communities promoting social and emotional health and wellbeing, and knowledge and experience of trauma informed practice.
What’s in it for you?
- Working within an intergenerational approach that supports and values an Aboriginal world view whereby language and culture is at the forefront of learning
- Experience with an organisation working to change the future for Australia’s most disadvantaged communities
- Joining a supportive, close-knit team
- Daily evidence of the change we are creating
- Working with local First Nations experts to learn from the oldest living cultures in the world
About the organisation
We are working to create a new reality with First Nations communities devastated by intergenerational disadvantage: an environment where families realise their aspirations for the next generation of children to be free from trauma and suffering, enjoy equity and safety, be able to grow into adulthood happy and healthy, and have agency over their social, cultural, political and economic life.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social and Emotional Wellbeing Counselor – Central Australia via Pro Bono Australia.