About the Role
The Strategic Campaigns Coordinator is a vital new role supporting the Strategic Campaigns Manager. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate who will manage aspects of project delivery for Garvan’s Strategic Campaigns, requiring a diverse range of skills in project coordination and administration, events and communications.
Strategic Campaigns at Garvan are generally large-scale strategic philanthropic acquisition programs that attract catalytic and transformational investment from existing and new Garvan major donors. Strategic Campaigns may also seek other sources of funding such as community foundations, peer-reviewed funders and government support.
If you enjoy having ownership of your projects and managing multiple tasks and goals, and genuinely want to make a difference, we want to hear from you! This position is offered full-time for an initial 12-month term with the possibility of extension for the right candidate.
The key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the implementation of project plans, including communicating with stakeholders, monitoring work progress and delivering on tasks
- Building and maintaining strong relationships across the Garvan Research Foundation as well as with key internal and external stakeholders across the campaigns
- Participating in relevant committees and working groups, including preparation of reports, plans and documentation
- Coordinating activity around campaign and donor events with event staff
- Development of timelines, budgets, run sheets
- Venue bookings, risk assessments, speaker notes, guest research
- Document and evaluate event outcomes
- Proactively conduct research to enrich campaigns
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge and/or experience in project management, not-for-profit organisations, education or science/medical research
- Enjoys managing multiple tasks and goals with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively and independently without supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- A flexible thinker and good problem solver who can modify their position depending on the circumstances
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to collaborate effectively with large teams
- High level of computer skills (MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience with project management and database software highly desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a social, inspiring and positive working environment with a competitive track record in attracting philanthropic support. You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has a real impact on human health. You will be exposed to a wide range of projects and have the opportunity to contribute new ideas in an open environment. You will have direct access to exceptional scientists who support the work that we do – if you have an interest in science, there is no better place to work.
Located in modern offices with an on-site café, you will be situated close to public transport and Darlinghurst’s trendy restaurants. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and attractive tax-free benefits.
About the Organisation
Established in 1981, the Garvan Research Foundation is the fundraising and marketing arm of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, and also delivers Garvan’s public engagement and awareness activities. The success of the Foundation’s awareness campaigns and fundraising activities allow Garvan’s scientists to make discoveries which will ultimately lead to earlier diagnosis, better treatments, and prevention or cure of a range of diseases.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Strategic Campaigns Coordinator – Garvan Research Foundation via Pro Bono Australia.