About the Role
- Position: Full time position
- Location: Werribee
- Salary: $80,811
An opportunity for a leader who will be responsible for the delivery of the OOHC program supporting children and young people living in Kinship/Foster Care placements. You will be providing regular reflective supervision to the team of case workers, you will be a strong relational leader developing and supporting the OOHC team within a critical reflective team culture.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose and ways of demonstrating this commitment
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances Aboriginal peoples face
- Experience working in the Victorian OOHC sector and or the Child Protection Field
- Tertiary qualifications In Human Services or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and management, ability to use initiative, thinking laterally and strategically during times of pressure
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills: verbal, active listening, written with a variety of stakeholders within the community, including skills in negotiation
Application deadline is Sunday, March 03, 2019
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Out of Home Care via Pro Bono Australia.