About the Role
WDEA Works Committee of Management member – voluntary role.
Minimum length of service: 3 years
Maximum length of service: 9 years (3 x 3 year terms)
WDEA Works currently has a vacancy on its Committee of Management (COM) and as a result we are looking to complement and enhance the mix of skills within the COM to further attain a collective objective for the organisation.
The COM currently operates four sub-committees, and members are required to join two of the below:
- Finance, Audit and Risk
- WDEA Works Foundation
- WDEA Works Training
As a COM member, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining WDEA Works values, vision, mission and strategies
- Establishing the organisation’s desired strategic outcomes and direction of strategic plans
- Monitoring the outcomes of the strategic and business plans and annual budget outcomes
- Review of business action plans and annual budget proposed by the Executive Management Team
- Maintaining open lines of communication with external stakeholders
- Ensuring that WDEA Works has appropriate corporate governance structures in place including standards of ethical behaviour and promoting a culture of corporate and social responsibility
- Ensuring compliance obligations and functions are effectively discharged
- Ensuring that all significant risks are adequately considered and accounted for by the Executive Management Team
- Initiating COM self-evaluation program and follow-up action to deal with issues arising
- Monitoring the performance of the CEO against agreed performance indicators
- Establishing committees, policies and procedures to facilitate the more effective discharge of COM roles and responsibilities
- Participation in appropriate personal development opportunities
- Attending all meetings at the organisation’s Head Office or via video link or teleconference (available if required)
- Overnight travel will be required at relevant times
This position is a rare opportunity for someone to make a valuable difference in the strategic management of WDEA Works and its communities.
Ideally, you will possess:
- A strong business acumen, with the ability to think strategically and provide leadership
- An ability to help establish strategic direction, working with the CEO, Executive Management Team and other committee members to obtain the resources, funds and personnel necessary to implement the organisation’s objectives.
- Good corporate governance in that is appropriate for the organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to review reports, monitor performance, identify risks and help to implement strategies
About the Organisation
WDEA Works is a not-for-profit community organisation that provides disability and mainstream employment assistance, business services for people with a disability, recruitment and training services.
Almost 30 years ago, WDEA Works began in Warrnambool with just three dedicated team members. Today, over 300 people are part of the WDEA Works team, across more than 30 sites in Victoria and south east South Australia
The organisation has built a reputation for quality service and experience in the disability employment sector, working effectively with local businesses, community support services and the NDIS and local government. The WDEA Works Foundation has distributed almost $900,000 to organisations and individuals, making valuable contributions to the communities where their clients work and live.
WDEA Works is run by a volunteer Committee of Management (COM) made up of professionals from various stakeholder groups. The organisation strives to achieve its vision and mission, ‘to positively change people’s lives and strengthen the communities it exists within, by supporting people with a disability and/or disadvantage’.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0355612579
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Committee Member – WDEA Works via Pro Bono Australia.