About the role
You, along with your Robejohn team mates will work in partnership with your clients to build and strengthen their fundraising programs. You will be part of a team implementing integrated fundraising and marketing campaigns from concept to execution. Reporting to Account Directors, you will coordinate flawless day-to-day delivery of fundraising projects for your clients. By working efficiently and mindfully you will contribute to a positive team environment.
About the role
The Account Manager is primarily responsible for nurturing existing relationships with Robejohn clients.
As an Account Manager, you will work alongside industry-leading strategic and creative professionals to develop and manage the execution of integrated multi-channel campaigns for some of Australia’s most renowned charities.
As a direct liaison for Robejohn’s customers, the Account Manager is responsible for managing and balancing the expectations of clients with the execution of projects.
Summary of Role and Purpose of Position:
- Provide the highest levels of customer service and improve on existing client relationships
- Work in collaboration with client key personnel to develop and execute effective and quality marketing services and fundraising campaigns.
- Work in collaboration with Robejohn key personnel to develop and execute effective and quality marketing services and fundraising campaigns.
- Manage and navigate campaigns from client briefings to execution – Organise client and creative briefings, oversee production with printers and mailing house to ensure campaign budgets are adhered to and deadlines are met.
- Work with clients as a direct liaison on all aspects of project planning
- To support Robejohn staff and clients to maximise effectiveness of activities.
- To improve and measure the profitability of marketing activities for our clients.
- To improve and measure the profitability of client services for Robejohn.
- To learn more about the fundraising industry and what factors lead to better results for our not-for-profit clients.
Scope of Work:
The primary responsibilities of an Account Manager at Robejohn are:
- Customer service – maintain regular and consistent face-to-face liaison with clients, keep communication lines open and be responsive to client’s needs. Build and maintain a professional relationship with clients so that they feel confident in your ability to solve problems and give help. Be cheerful and firm with instructions and help clients through the pressure of deadlines. Help clients manage their donor relationships.
- Campaign & Project Management – In conjunction with Account Directors develop appeal objectives and identify opportunities that can be translated into direct marketing materials and donor communications which will result in the most effective fundraising outcome for the client.
Provide skills – including an eye for detail, expertise and dedication to ensure that the annual fundraising programs are managed effectively, such that objectives and deadlines can be achieved.
Monitor client budgets and ensure that campaigns can meet budget goals and expectations. Research and initiate steps to maximise the potential outcomes of all donor loyalty program steps – from acquisition of new donors through bonding, retention, upgrade, reactivation and lapsed stages.
- Job Scheduling – In conjunction with Production and Account Service teams, prepare Critical Time Paths for clients. Assistance in planning the strategic development & creative & production steps in each fundraising/direct response campaign (in tandem with creative services & production services team members). Ensure deadlines are met. Track costs for invoicing and tracking spend on client annual budgets.
- Creative Services – Organise client briefings, engage and brief creative team including internal studio, creative director or external copywriters. Review creative output to ensure the work meets client requirements, brief amendments to creative team, keep client & creative/s on track with the agreed brief. Assist in presenting creative to clients.
- Reporting – maintain annual Robejohn reporting calendar as provided to clients of Robejohn. Excel spreadsheets showing performance of fundraising programs against Budget vs Previous Year, campaign summaries sourced from clients, prepare quarterly and end of year reports and maintain client Performance Folders for clients.
- Data – review data reports and campaign performance to provide database segmentation recommendations and instructions to clients. Work with data agencies and data analysts to source data and then provide post campaign analysis reports.
- Business Development Leads – actively promote Robejohn to prospective clients through regular participation in fundraising & direct marketing events, maintain a professional rapport with all industry partners and prospects in keeping with the culture and style of Robejohn.
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in direct response marketing
- Excellent customer service approach and strong work ethic to ensure clients feel confident
- Self-motivated and creative with a strong team ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Self-reliant and independent thinker
- Ability to build positive relationships with colleagues and external contacts
- Understanding and experience in direct mail and email communications
- Ability to document logistical, financial and strategic plans and reports
- Ability to analyse campaign outcomes and make recommendations for future tests and changes to strategic direction
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in a team environment
- Manages RJA budget allocations and managing costs effectively
- Practical experience in office software including Word, Excel
- Experience and competence with fundraising and marketing and charitable sector
- Knowledge and experience of direct response and other media channels
- A good understanding of database management
- Understanding of Australia Post regulations, discount structure and lodgement process
- Good understanding of charitable and corporate networks.
- A fundraising certificate is an asset
- Well organised and can manage multiple projects
- An independent self-motivator
- Meet tight timelines through problem solving skills
- Someone who loves working with clients and sees them as collaborators
- A strong project manager
- Knowledgeable of diverse marketing channels
- Detail-focussed, with outstanding proofreading skills
- An exceptionally organized individual who can handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Competent with numbers – able to report on direct response results
- A people person who loves to manage other people and watch them grow
- Knowledge of philanthropy
Key Working Relationships:
- Reports to Managing Director for resource & employment matters.
- Reports to Client Services Director for client consultation, time management, supplier issues, costings & operational matters.
- Day to day planning and execution, liaise directly with Account Service, Production and Creative Teams.
About the organisation
Fundraising is our passion. With over 30 years of experience working with leading charities, Robejohn has been instrumental in the not-for-profit direct marketing and advertising space. Our focus is building strong relationships between ourselves and our clients AND between our clients and their donors. We love raising money for great causes, through sophisticated data analysis, brilliant creative and meticulous detail.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Account manager via Pro Bono Australia.