About the Role
Tiwi Islands (Wurrumiyanga) Location
- SCHADS Award Level 5 – $82,510 trp (including salary $74,437 per annum)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,909.00 p/a)
- 5 weeks annual leave, Remote Allowance & Bi-monthly travel
- Full Time position
We have an exciting opportunity for a Case Manager to join our Tiwi Islands team within CatholicCare NT. This position plays a key role in providing a range of services such as, information and education, advice and referrals, early intervention and prevention activities, assessment and counselling support. The position reports directly to the Tiwi Islands Lead Practitioner, in conjunction with Top End Regional Manager.
The primary purpose of this role is to improve the lives of those exposed to harm due to AOD, by providing best-practice, family inclusive and culturally appropriate support to users, their families and communities through culturally appropriate “wrap around” services. The Case Manager will be required to participate in significant community events such as regional shows, festivals and sporting events to provide information and education about the impact of AOD misuse.
We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to engage with clients by identifying their strengths and incorporating these into in case plan actions. You will be a team player with ability to work with others in a spirit of trust, respect, reflection and accountability. Key to success within this role will be the capability to help clients with queries regarding support to address issues which challenge their wellbeing and ability to reduce AOD misuse.
We are looking for a person with:
- Qualification in Certificate IV in Community Services Work or willingness to obtain and experience in the alcohol and other drugs sector.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to engage with vulnerable people with complex challenges.
- High level of written and computer skills including Word Documents, email and electronic data bases.
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Alcohol & Other Drugs Case Manager via Pro Bono Australia.