About the role
Ali Curung Location
- Children’s Services Award 6.1 – $66,239 trp (including salary $59,758 per annum)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,909.00 p/a)
- 5 weeks annual leave, Remote Allowance & Bi-monthly travel
- Full Time position located in Ali Curung
We have an exciting opportunity for an Early Childhood Educator to join our Ali Curung team within CatholicCare NT. This position plays a key role in provides high quality education based childcare services to the families of the Ali Curung community. The position takes direction from the Family Centre Co-ordinator and reports to the Team Leader Family and Children’s Programs Tennant Creek.
The primary purpose of this role is to assist with the delivery and implementation of a high quality educational program based on the Early Years Learning Framework and with reference to the National Quality Standards. In addition you will be required to assist with cleaning, tidying and simple cooking to support the children at the centre. The early childhood educator will be required to facilitate activities designed to enhance early childhood learning based on the needs and interest of the children.
We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to develop strong relationships that support and partner with families and the community. You will be a proactive and professional individual with the capability create a safe, supportive and informative environment for families.
We are looking for a person with:
- Diploma or Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Experience in supervising children in an approved childcare service.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate with other services.
- Demonstrated cultural competency and understanding of life on a remote Aboriginal community.
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website.
Please contact Recruitment on (08) 8944 2000, for further information. The role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Alekarenge Early Childhood Educator via Pro Bono Australia.