About the role
Ali Curung Location
- Children’s Services Award – $77,296 trp (including salary $69,733 per annum)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,909.00 p/a)
- 5 weeks annual leave, Remote Allowance & Bi-monthly travel
- Full Time position located in Ali Curung
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Family Centre Coordinator to join our Ali Curung team within CatholicCare NT. This position plays a key role in providing high quality education based childcare services to the families of the Ali Curung community. The position reports directly to the Team Leader Family and Children’s Programs Tennant Creek.
The primary purpose of this role is to facilitate activities designed to enhance early childhood learning based on the needs and interest of the children, including the cultural, physical, social, emotional, language and learning development needs. The Coordinator will be required to model and support educators to utilise a variety of teaching strategies including intentional teaching and reflective practice in daily work.
We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to plan, implement, assess and review a high quality educational program based on the Early Years Learning Framework and with reference to the National Quality Standards. You will be a team player with ability to work with others in a spirit of trust, respect, reflection and accountability. Key to success within this role will be the capability to develop strong relationships that support and partner with families and the community.
We are looking for a person with:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Experience in leading the operations of an approved childcare service.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate with other services.
- Demonstrated cultural competency and understanding of life on a remote Aboriginal community.
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website. Please contact Recruitment on (08) 8944 2000, for further information.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Alekarenge Family Centre Co-ordinator via Pro Bono Australia.