About the role
There is a clear need for strong organisational leaders in all sectors equipped with the skills and values necessary for sound judgement and responsible decision-making. Our mission is to educate people with purpose for a better future. We develop people, so they can build organisations – new and old, large and lean, for-profit and for-purpose – to serve the interests of their stakeholders and the wider community.
Melbourne Business School’s (MBS) philanthropic relationships with individuals and organisations are critical to supporting this mission. Reporting to the Associate Dean Advancement, this position provides the Advancement Office with major gift program management, and is responsible for identifying, cultivating and stewarding donor relationships with constituents.
We are looking for candidates with perseverance, who are driven by developing networks and client relationships through engaging current and prospective constituents and donor members of the School.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying and qualifying new prospects
- Developing, monitoring and execution of cultivation plans for donor prospects
- Support and communicate the MBS Advancement strategy internally and externally
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience working in major gift fundraising and campaign development within education, arts or not-for-profit sectors
- Outstanding interpersonal, engagement and communication skills and the ability to effectively manage a range of stakeholders
- High focus to quality processes and outcomes with attention to detail and excellent follow-through
Key Selection Criteria:
- A proven track record of identifying, researching, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding relationships both independently and as part of a team
- Display an understanding of how to motivate and develop gifts from individuals
- Knowledge of the Melbourne philanthropic and business communities
At MBS we have a hunger for progress. We are a passionate community, driven to making a positive and meaningful impact on individuals, organisations and society. If you value making a similar impact with your relationship management skills, strong attention to detail, exceptional customer service focus and commitment to being world class then we want to hear from you.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please forward your application including a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria listed above and a current resume here
Applications close: Friday March 15 2019
About the organisation
Home to Australia’s first MBA program, Melbourne Business School has been a leading institute of business education in Australia for more than 50 years. The traditional notion of what makes a great business school has changed drastically – in the way it presents itself, the way in which it develops people and the diversity of students and collaborators that want to access its programs. As a School community, we are responding to these changes and creating a better business school for a better future for us all.
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Associate Director – Advancement via Pro Bono Australia.