About the Role
Hours: Part-time (15.2 – 22.8 hours per week – days and hours negotiable)
Salary: $30.00 per hour, plus 9.5% superannuation
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Bookkeeper to join the team at Peter Canisius House. Whilst you are based at PCH, you will also be responsible for several ministries and communities in NSW and interstate. This role is a standalone position; however, you have the support of an experienced Finance team based in Melbourne. You will have the ability to deal with a large variety of stakeholders with varying degrees of financial capability.
The Bookkeeper Ministries and Communities is responsible for undertaking operational, financial and accounting functions, as well as ensuring the correct application of accounting standards and policy matters across selected entities that are part of the Society of Jesus. This includes producing financial and management reports and ensuring that they are accurate and meet reporting deadlines.
- Undertake accounts receivable, accounts payable (including credit cards), invoicing, and other finance-related transactional tasks
- Prepare all bank and credit card reconciliations and other GL reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, accurately and in a timely manner to meet statutory and management requirements, and ensure compliance with Canonical, Jesuit and Australian statutory requirements
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for the relevant Communities
- Review the relevant entities’ cash management, cash forecasting and funding requirements, including funding requests to the Province
Ideally the successful candidate will possess and have demonstrable knowledge of the following:
- 5+ years relevant experience in accounting services including cash management and accounts payable/receivable
- Prior experience in working for not-for-profit or religious order
- Displays credibility and integrity and is able to influence and work effectively with the team and a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- High level of interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to non-financial people and translate sometimes complex concepts in a way that is easily understood
- An ability to work independently, with initiative, sound judgement and understands appropriate accountability
- Experience in MYOB essential and an understanding of Dynamics AX Software is desirable.
Applications close 15 March 2019.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Bookkeeper – Ministries and Communities via Pro Bono Australia.