About the Role
The Board of SCH is looking for an entrepreneurial, compassionate and experienced CEO to successfully continue to deliver our strategic plan.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the ideal candidate to grow the SCH of the future – maintaining the reputation and growing the profile of the organisation – to increase low cost, safe housing options for people who are homeless and have complex needs in St Kilda and the Port Phillip municipality.
- Ensure ongoing viability and independence of St Kilda Community Housing.
- Develop and lead social housing policy research and initiatives. Provide advocacy and stakeholder identification and management at local community, state, national and international levels.
- Develop and deliver upon agreed strategic options to increase low cost, safe housing options for people who are homeless and have complex needs in St Kilda and the Port Phillip municipality.
- Lead the administration and delivery of services associated with Property and Tenancy Management.
- Maintain the reputation and increase the profile of SCH and engagement with its purpose, within the tenant population, employees and contractors, the St Kilda community and local services.
- Reduce social, health and economic inequality for tenants.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- At least Degree level qualifications in Social Work/ Community Services/Disability. Services/Accounting/Business Management.
- Worked in a senior role in the social housing sector (or similar not for profit).
- Developed and implemented strategic level social policy, showing a deep understanding of Local, State and Federal Government environments and how best to influence for change.
- Ability to successfully lead and manage change.
- Solid financial and risk management skills and experience.
Benefits to You
- Competitive remuneration package
- Central, St Kilda location
- Opportunity to influence social change around affordable housing and connectedness of socially disadvantaged people
- SCH maintains DGR status
About the Organisation
St Kilda Community Housing (SCH) started in the St Kilda area in 1984 by people with a passion for social justice through creating and supporting housing communities. The passion continues - SCH now manages 21 rooming houses, 350 tenancies, a social enterprise providing work opportunities for tenants, and a reputation for innovation in social housing.
SCH works with people who have experienced significant social disadvantage and are usually marginalized, many without links to family or community.
SCH aims to provide more than just housing, but to also lead a community which supports and encourages people to live a healthy life and become connected and engaged citizens.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0419 615 615
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.