About the Role
CENSW are seeking a CEO, who is responsible for overall administration of the organisation. The CEO will resource the Board of Directors in key areas of the company’s operations and implement policies and decisions adopted by the Board. The CEO is responsible for the growth, viability, accountability, continuity and cost effectiveness of the company and of member co-operatives.
In particular, the Chief Executive Officer will:
- Resource the Board to support effective governance of the organisation
- Ensure the initiatives contained within the key plans of the organisation such as the Strategic and Business plans are implemented
- Ensure the terms of the Service Agreement between the company and FaCS are met
- Maintain Registration as a community housing provider
- Ensure the adequate financial management of the company and the sector
- Establish and manage appropriate business systems
- Ensure appropriate risk management procedures are in place and implemented including compliance with appropriate legislation
- Oversee and facilitate the operations of the company in the areas of education and resourcing; oversight and auditing of co-operatives for compliance with policies; planning and carrying out structural maintenance and capital upgrades; and manage housing growth through the use of surplus funds, borrowings and grants.
- Be an advocate for and advancer of the co-operative housing sector
- Manage staff and the HR functions of the organisation
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated executive management experience in service and program administration and management, policy development and planning and evaluation preferably in the area of community housing.
- Demonstrated experience in high level written and oral communications including policy writing, report writing and submissions.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision and support.
- Demonstrated high level experience in the management of stakeholder relationships
Skills and knowledge:
- High level leadership and strategic thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and people development skills, including the ability to lead and motivate teams
- Capacity to negotiate and manage conflict.
- High level written and oral communication skills including report writing
- Advanced capacity in planning, project management, evaluation
- Exceptional skill in the financial management of an asset based company.
- Advanced skills in customer service processes and member satisfaction
- High levels of initiative and motivation
- Capacity to work effectively with a Board and support the governance functions of the Board
- An understanding of and a commitment to co-operative housing in line with the international principles of co-operation.
- A commitment to social justice
- Knowledge of Community Housing, Co-ops and member based organisations would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Greentree Business Software will be an advantage
Benefits and culture
Housing affordability is a hot topic in society today and the community housing sector in NSW is entering an exciting new phase of change and opportunity, so this is a fantastic time to lead the team.
CENSW offers great benefits including a competitive hourly rate, bonus plan, car, salary sacrifice and flexi-time. They promote work life balance and promote training and development opportunities.
CENSW are looking for someone to hit the ground running and be available to start in June/July 2019.
About the Organisation
CENSW is a not for profit tier 2 community housing provider established in 2009 and is unique in the marketplace as the peak body for co-operative housing in the State. They offer a very different business model that has a competitive advantage over other housing providers. They seek to assist low-income families and individuals to live better and obtain a brighter, secure future through access to housing they can afford.
Apply for this Job
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.