About the role
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER | THREAD TOGETHER
Thread Together is a not-for-profit organisation that provides new and quality clothing to significantly disadvantaged adults and youth in our community. Over the past 12 months, Thread Together has clothed almost 100,000 people in need.
Thread Together collects excess and obsolete NEW clothing from Australian clothing manufacturers and retailers. Clothes that would otherwise, at best, sit on shelves gathering dust, at worst, be destined for landfill.
This role demands a visionary approach that is innovative and strategic. Underpinned by strong business acumen with a hands-on approach. The role requires a leader who will bring energy, dynamism and a style of operating that will bring all stakeholders on the journey towards fulfilling the mission of being the fashion industry charity partner.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will have overall strategic, operational and fundraising responsibility for Thread Together. You will work closely with the Board in order to fulfill the Thread Together mission, utilising each Board members contacts, experience and skills where available.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Delivering on mission and strategy
- Stakeholder engagement and fundraising
- Operations and people leadership
- Financial performance and viability
- Board Governance
The essential knowledge, skills and attributes of the CEO include:
- High level leadership skills with proven ability and track record in managing people and maintaining a harmonious workplace.
- General operational management experience
- Financial management skills
- High level verbal and written communication skills – ‘tell the story and sell the mission’
- Proven capacity in high level strategic planning
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector with proven track record in securing funding
- Bachelors Degree
To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications need to include a current resume and a cover letter that addresses the Essential Criteria.
Applications close 31 March 2019.
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER | THREAD TOGETHER via Pro Bono Australia.