About the role
Purpose of Position
Under the guidance of the Director, Communications the position of Communications Manager is responsible for:
- Delivery of Communications and Marketing strategies and plans which ensure high quality communications to the public, to the Melbourne Children’s campus community and to the RCH Foundation’s community of donors, fundraisers and supporters and enhance fundraising strategies and outcomes
- Communication of priorities and articulation of key messages to internal and external audiences
- Being a leader in the organisation, providing advice, expertise, assistance and direction to fundraisers on communications matters
- Development of the online environment into a leading marketing tool
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum three years’ experience in communications/marketing management role
- Demonstrable experience in developing and executing communications/marketing campaigns and fundraising initiatives, from inception to completion of a project
- Demonstrable experience maintaining positive working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in managing media campaigns
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven writing skills for marketing purposes (please attach examples to your application)
- A thorough understanding of, and interest in, social media and the online space
- Innovative and creative approach to opportunities and solving potential problems
- Demonstrable ability to display initiative, manage priorities, manage multiple issues and projects simultaneously, take responsibility for projects and show a proactive attitude
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Clear understanding of and personal commitment to the mission and values of the RCH Foundation
- Tertiary qualifications in communications/marketing
- Experience in a similar organisation and/or working with volunteers
- Some knowledge and experience of event management
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The role is a three year contract. Salary packaging is available. Leave entitlements as per national standards.
- There will be a 6 month probationary period.
- There will be a requirement to work outside of normal hours on limited occasion for fundraising events and activities. Allowance is made for reasonable time-in-lieu. Flexible working hours and conditions are offered.
- A competitive remuneration is available for the right candidate, depending on experience. Salary packaging is available. Leave entitlements as per national standards.
About the organisation
The Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation
Founded in 1989, the RCH Foundation is the fundraising arm of The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne, one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals. While a legally separate organisation, the RCH Foundation works very closely with the RCH to help achieve its vision.
Generous community support helps to sustain the hospital’s role as an international leader tackling some of the world's biggest health issues. To achieve this, the RCH Foundation supports a vast network of fundraisers and donors. Donated funds drive the hospital’s growth and are utilised for purposes of medical excellence. They support only the most innovative, life-changing programs and initiatives – that would otherwise not exist - in the areas of leadership, training, technology, equipment, research and patient and family-centred care.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Manager via Pro Bono Australia.