About the Role
Take responsibility for all community development and networking functions in this newly created role. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Operations Manager, you will be responsible for communicating and engaging with construction workers who volunteer on-site for this national mental health and suicide prevention organisation. Use your existing community engagement expertise to establish relationships with volunteers, and create further opportunities for them to engage with the organisation through local community events and communications strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with Field Officers to engage with on-site volunteers to identify and understand their needs
- Develop extensive knowledge and understanding of the construction sector and workplace mental health practices
- Consult with the volunteer workforce to develop appropriate strategies that create further opportunities to engage with the organisation
- Develop strategies for event opportunities to promote staff, volunteer activation and community engagement within local communities and supporting stakeholder-run events
- Assist in developing an industry communications strategy and relevant marketing collateral
- Support engagement through partnerships, fundraising or on-site activities in workplaces and in the local community
Skills & Experience required
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement, workforce development or volunteer engagement
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a successful track record in proactively building and maintaining networks and partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Passion for working in mental health and developing programs that support this purpose
- Knowledge in using various social media and marketing platforms to drive communication and engagement
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Team player mentality and collaborative approach to problem solving and implementing initiatives
- A current driver’s licence is required
Benefits & Culture
This organisation fosters a friendly, honest and supportive team environment. Additional benefits include:
- An incredible opportunity to make a difference fostering engagement, community development and better mental health practices within the building and construction industry
- 5 weeks of annual leave, plus a monthly RDO
- Appealing remuneration package with 14% superannuation and salary sacrificing available
- Travel insurance and income protection offered
About the Organisation
This is a national suicide prevention organisation that focuses on raising awareness, building capacity, providing help and research to the construction industry. It delivers several training programs to various construction organisations that aim to raise awareness about suicide in the workplace, and to make it easy to access help and ensure that assistance is delivered practically, professionally and appropriately.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Development Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.