About the Role
The Estates and Gifts in Wills Coordinator is responsible for the accurate administration of the legacies, gifts and estates bequeathed to the St Vincent de Paul Society. The role will ensure efficient processing of estates from notification through to handover to auditors as well as providing donor relation and fundraising support to the Gifts In Wills and Estates team. The role will:
- Provide a monthly forecast and actual income reporting
- Manage all correspondence with solicitors, executors, accountants, families and other relevant parties regarding estates issues to ensure timely estate distribution
- In consultation with the Gifts in Wills & Estates Manager and legal team, coordinate the administration and resolution of contested estates to minimise loss of estate income and minimise reputational risk to St Vincent de Paul Society NSW
- Attend or ensure a properly briefed representative attends estate mediations in which St Vincent de Paul Society NSW has an interest as required
You will report to the Gifts in Wills Manager. You can find more information about this role in the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Good organizational skills
- Strong record keeping skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage the work in a highly ethical and confidential manner
- Ability to provide a high standard of customer/client service, internally and externally
- Ability to break down problems, assess and interpret options, and use research, experience and judgment to develop sound and timely solutions
- Ability to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of processes and methods of existing tasks
- Ability to plan for and deliver a specific outcome within clearly defined time and resource constraints
- Perform other administrative duties including the efficient management of database
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
About the Organisation
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
About the Service
The Fundraising & Communications (F&C) Department encompasses a range of professional services including fundraising, major gifts, bequests, events, corporate partnerships, community fundraising, communications and marketing and is dedicated to raising the profile, awareness, funds and support for the ‘good works’ of the St Vincent de Paul Society in NSW.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Estates and Gifts in Wills Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.