About the role
The Event Coordinator is an important part of our Fund Development team. In this role you will plan, coordinate and execute a diverse range of events with the aim of raising awareness of and attracting support for the Institute’s research.
• Project manage external and in-house events
• Coordinate the weekly Institute Tour including liaising with community groups and organising scientists to present and host
• Manage the School Science Awards including coordinating schools and local councils and organising Victor Chang scientists to present the Awards
• Deliver events on time and within budget and meet expectations with regard to the quality of the event and the projected funds raised.
• Develop effective relationships with external providers to maximise the success of events including securing sponsorship and donations of goods and services
• Conduct post event evaluations, monitor the quality of services provided by event presenters and suppliers and prepare proposals for future events
• Liaise with the Victor Chang Institute Appeals Committee
This is a maternity leave replacement contract commencing in late April 2019.
What you can expect in this role:
• The opportunity to enhance and develop your project management skills
• Exposure to all aspects of event management
• The chance to work in a dynamic and supportive team environment
We would like to meet you if you are:
• An Event Manager or Coordinator with experience in end-to-end event management
• An excellent communicator with advanced public presentation, interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills
• An organised time manager who can prioritise effectively and manage tight and sometimes conflicting deadlines
• Willing to work outside core working hours when required
• A friendly person who enjoys working in a team but can also work independently
What we offer:
• Salary packaging
• State of the art facilities
• Stimulating work setting focussed on cutting edge medical research
• Collaborative team environment
We strive to ensure our staff and students enjoy a great working environment. We value and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity and gender equity and promotes flexible working arrangements for staff to balance working requirements and personal needs.
Come and work with us & help make a difference.
About the organisation
The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute is dedicated to finding cures for cardiovascular disease through world class medical research. Established in 1994, it is the legacy of legendary heart transplant surgeon Victor Chang. Renowned for the quality of its breakthroughs, the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute is working to discover better ways to diagnose, treat and ultimately prevent the onset of heart disease.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Event Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.