About the Role
- Are you looking to work in an organisation with passion and purpose?
- Do you want to be part of a team that is delivering today but values keen to explore new opportunities for growth?
At Anglicare Victoria, we create opportunities to transform futures. Everything we do is to prevent, protect & empower disadvantaged Victorian children, young people and families.
Over the last five years, Anglicare Victoria has undergone a period of rapid growth, developing new and evidence-based programs, providing one of the largest foster care services in Victoria, and last year launching Australia’s largest social impact bond. This approach was recognised with a listing as one of the Australian Financial Review’s top 100 most innovative companies in 2018.
Anglicare Victoria is currently seeking an experienced Events and Schools Manager to join our Community Relations group.
This role is an integral part of the communications department and responsible for the planning, management and development of internal and fundraising events that are aligned to reflect Anglicare Victoria’s objectives. This role manages every aspect of an event and works closely with clients, colleagues and management to celebrate the work we do. This role is also responsible for developing and extending our relationship with schools.
- Located at Central Office in Collingwood
- Permanent, four days a week
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills, and innovative in approach, with the flexibility to adjust to different events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Proven experience developing risk and incident management plans and monitoring safety procedures.
- Demonstrated experience managing events, with a proven ability to multitask, work under pressure and within required deadlines.
- 5-8 years+ in event fundraising/public relations and/or marketing fields.
The Events and Schools Manager works within the Community Relations Team and is responsible for the development and execution of the Agency’s events strategy. This includes the state-based signature events: Altitude Shift, the Chairperson’s Awards and the Toy and Food Appeal and Children’s Day.
The Manager is responsible for all planning and budgets, and manages corporate partners, internal stakeholders and event volunteers.
The manager will also be expected to identify new opportunities for events and schools engagement that support the organisation’s objectives and extend the Agency’s relationships within the broader community.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
Detailed position description PD – Events and Schools Manager – CRG – Ongoing Part Time – March 2019.pdf
About the Organisation
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9412 6135
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Events and Schools Manager via Pro Bono Australia.