About the Role
Finance business partners are accountants who work closely with a particular business unit creating a real and active partnership with both operations and management. Their role is to provide ‘real time’ support and analysis, to be a trusted adviser and to add value that will assist in strategic decision making, through insights that drive better business performance.
Ultimately, supporting SSI to raise standards in key operational and strategic decision areas through:
- Interpreting, explaining and driving finance performance within SSI.
- Advising on key business planning assumptions, trade-offs and opportunities.
- Presenting a dynamic industry, competitor and economic context
- Providing ad-hoc financial analysis and insights on specific issues
You will have previously worked closely with business unit managers to understand business drivers and influence strategy and financial outcomes. Essential criteria as follows.
- Relevant degree and post graduate accounting qualifications, either CPA or CA
- 5 plus years in a similar role, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in government tender pricing and financial modelling, strong influencing skills, and ability to question the status quo
- MS Excel, ERP experience, BI experience
Please respond to the “Selection Criteria” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes flexible working arrangements, fortnightly ADO (ie: work a 9 Day fortnight) and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Finance Business Partner via Pro Bono Australia.