About the role
Woodville Alliance (WA) provides a wide-range of inclusive options for adults with disabilities, maximising people’s social capital and local citizenship. We provide a diversity of service offerings including day program, outreach support and a vocational skills program which are co-designed with WA clients and their circle of support to ensure that every individual meets their expected outcomes. WA Disability Services utilises a positive and strength based approach within a well-developed culture of person centred practices. WA is an NDIS Registered Provider and is an ISO accredited organisation against the NSW Disability Service Standards.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the primary objectives of the General Manager, Disability Services (GM DS) are to provide leadership as well as strategic, operational and change-related management of WA Disability Services. The role will include developing new business opportunities, partnerships and relationships to enable the growth of services and development and implementation of best and financially sustainable practice.
MAIN DUTIES – including but not limited to;
- Research economic, political and social trends and best practice and apply an entrepreneurial and innovative approach in order to grow and develop services as well as identify potential business opportunities and partnerships
- Plan, implement and evaluate services and service user engagement strategies ensuring services are of a high quality and service user choice, control and flexibility is maximised
- In consultation with the CEO and General Manager Corporate Services, develop, manage and regularly review the annual Disability Services budget and other financial resources to reflect WA mission, vision and values and Strategic Plan
- Mentor and lead the Disability Services team, creating and encouraging a positive, supportive and collaborative culture for both staff and service users
- Manage industry and workplace change through a range of supportive and constructive strategies
- Ensure that a culture of continuous improvement, consistent with ISO 9001 (2015), is actively supported, accreditation is maintained and all services comply with relevant legislative, regulatory and organisational policy requirements
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and collaboration with a range of key external and internal stakeholders, including other WA services to encourage cross-program and cross-unit support for people with a disability
- Tertiary qualifications in human services and management experience in a related area
- Leadership and management experience, including staff, financial and change management and effective resource management
- Extensive experience in the provision of person centred disability services and high-level knowledge and understanding of the policy, procedures and standards pertaining to the provision of disability services with the NDIS framework
- Demonstrated business development track record and entrepreneurial skills
- Demonstrated high level external relations and networking skills
- Demonstrated high-level written and verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated superior skills in mediation and negotiation, collaboration and consultation
- Demonstrated application and management of EEO, WH&S and Risk Management policies and practices
- Commitment to social justice principles and the rights of people with a disability
- Demonstrated knowledge of the quality framework required in Disabilities
- A current NSW Driver’s Licence
- A current and verified Working With Children Check and clear National Police Check
About the organisation
Woodville Alliance (WA) is a not-for-profit community organisation based in Western Sydney and working primarily in Fairfield, Bankstown, Auburn and Liverpool. We have operated for over fourty years and provide a broad range of children’s, family, youth, mental health, disability and early intervention services. Further details regarding our services can be found on our website: http://www.woodville.org.au/ Our organisational vision and mission focuses on social justice and working in partnership with our community. Our values include empowerment, empathy, compassion and innovation.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager – Disability Services via Pro Bono Australia.