About the Role
Your team and Contribution
With the support and guidance of the Governance and Risk Manager, you will be responsible for initiation, design and facilitation of good governance, compliance and regulatory systems, policies, risk frameworks and processes with our international partners. A truly exciting opportunity to be part of a diverse team with the opportunity to lean in and contribute towards BWAA’s goal of ending global poverty, whilst also experiencing such variety in projects and genuine learning opportunities. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to take this role and make it their own. If this sounds like you, and you are hungry to join one of the largest not-for-profit agencies in the country, then we want to hear from you today!
Main Activities With the support of the Governance and Risk Manager:
- Conduct gap analyses to areas of our organisation that need improvement, including governance, risk, legal, compliance, regulatory and policy areas
- Consult with internal/external stakeholders
- Conduct research
- Map continuum of improvement process – from present reality to agreed final outcome
- Raise project management documentation for each identified project – outlining proposed activities, timeframes and resources required etc
- Raise briefing papers for projects identified for approvals at the relevant levels – Provide advice to Directors/Managers on implementation techniques Advise and assist Executive and Management to implement new processes
- Provide training/support on implementation of new systems including development of training materials What capabilities will help you succeed?
- Tertiary-level qualification in relevant discipline related to role activities – Highly developed organisational skills – Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Well-established research and report/policy writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Highly relational, collaborative and intuitive
- Strong commitment to TAI’s vision, mission and core values; ability to lead and participate in prayer and biblical reflection sessions.
- An authentic committed Christian:
- With a strong commitment to Transform Aid International’s/ Baptist World Aid Australia’s, mission, vision and core values;
- Able to participate enthusiastically in prayer and biblical reflection sessions.
- Able to understand, engage with and support the Biblical theology that informs the organisation’s development approach If you live the values and demonstrate the capabilities, we can offer you great opportunities. We genuinely care and support, we reward fairly, we provide training and development and provide all types of flexibility.
About the Organisation
Established in 1959, Baptist World Aid Australia partners with like-minded agencies overseas to empower communities to lift themselves out of poverty, challenge injustice and build resilience. We partner with Christians and churches in Australia, particularly those from the Baptist movement, in generous giving, ethical consumption, courageous advocacy and faithful prayer in order to achieve justice for people living in poverty. We do this from within a professional and enriching staff environment as we serve in the name of Jesus. We are focused on enhancing our diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture to enrich our work, our impact and our relationships with supporters.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9451 1199
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Governance and Risk Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.