About the Role
Hours: Full time
Remuneration: Competitive salary
Status: Term: Fixed term until 30 June 2020, with potential for ongoing subject to funding.
Location: Melbourne or Sydney, with some interstate travel required.
You will make an impact by:
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and being a key member of the Executive team, you will create the overall marketing strategy and promotion of MEFL (including the sub brands) and the services to all client-stakeholders to achieve our vision and business plan. You will ensure that our messaging is clear on how MEFL is working towards an equitable zero carbon society where people have access to the energy they need to be healthy, have meaningful work, maintain financial stability, connect with their community, prosper through continuous learning and live in a thriving natural environment.
Specifically, this role encompasses developing, evaluating and delivering a cohesive marketing strategy and plan for all activities, including brand, product marketing, campaigns, events, digital strategies, marketing communications, media, public relations and engagement activities in support of the business growth objectives.
Some of your attributes
- You are an exceptional strategist with strong marketing and brand experience.
- You have big ideas which are innovative and creative on how to engage a diverse audience and empower them to take action.
- You have experience working with and communicating in an accessible way to a diverse audience including government and the community.
- You have a comprehensive understanding of the media landscape in Australia and have experience working with journalists to get a story told.
- You are dedicated to tackling climate change
You will have:
- Qualifications or extensive experience in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or related field.
- A way with words, with the ability to craft communications and public relations content for a variety of audiences.
- Advanced collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Extensive experience developing a strategic brand marketing strategy.
Working at MEFL
You will be surrounded by people who are driven by our vision of an equitable zero carbon society. In addition to contributing to making the world a better place, you will have access to:
- Financial incentives for sustainable commuting to work practices
- Friendly and flexible work environment, including working from home
- Individual learning plans to assist in your career development
- Pet friendly work environment, with the ability to bring your dog to work
- Additional annual leave options
- A Health & Wellbeing Program
MEFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work with a diverse range of people and audiences at MEFL. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people with a disability and people from the LGBTIQ community
About the Organisation
The Moreland Energy Foundation Ltd (MEFL) is a not-for-profit organisation, committed to accelerating the energy transition by empowering communities to take action. The future of energy will look radically different to energy today, and so we are working hard to ensure communities play a meaningful part in this transition and no one gets left behind.
We work across Australia, with offices in Melbourne and Sydney, and whilst our work is focused on Australia’s transition we are also recognised as an international leader in the work that we do.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Email your application to Liz Leahy, HR Business Partner at email@example.com with Head of Marketing in the subject line.
In order to be considered for this position, you must include:
- a brief cover letter stating where you saw the job advertised;
- your resume, including contact details for a minimum of two referees, including your last line manager (we will not contact referees without your permission).
- a separate document detailing your response to each Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description, available here https://www.mefl.com.au/careers/
Only applications that follow the above process will be accepted and considered for interview. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
Applications close 4pm, Thursday 28 March 2019 with interviews to be held on 3 April 2019 in Brunswick, Melbourne.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Liz Leahy, HR Business Partner on 9385 8535.
Please quote in application: Head of Marketing via Pro Bono Australia.