About the Role
Join Vision 2020 Australia’s Vision Initiative team to implement a state-wide health promotion program to eliminate avoidable blindness and vision loss in communities in need.
Reporting to the Program Manager you will:
- Plan, develop and implement health promotion activity in targeted areas across Victoria.
- Work with a range of stakeholders including health providers, community organisations and the general public to deliver Vision Initiative activity.
- Evaluate interventions and use evidence to implement and adapt interventions to continually improve project delivery.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Be degree qualified in public health, health sciences, health education or marketing/communications.
- Sound understanding of health promotion principles and social determinants of health.
- Proven track record in health promotion communications (written and verbal).
- Strong relationship management, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work within tight time periods.
- Confident engagement with stakeholders including health and allied health providers.
- Understanding of the Victorian eye health and vision care sector.
- Melbourne based.
If you are an adaptive team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude who wants to work towards a cause to make a difference then this job is for you.
For more information on Vision 2020 Australia visit www.vision2020australia.org.au
For more information on the Vision Initiative visit www.visioniniative.org.au
About the Organisation
Vision 2020 Australia is part of VISION 2020: The Right to Sight, a global initiative of the World Health Organisation and the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness. Vision 2020 Australia is the national peak body for the sector, leading advocacy efforts and raising community awareness about eye health and vision care.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9656 2020
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Health Promotion Officer via Pro Bono Australia.