About the Role
West Turk is currently experiencing a period of change and the Manager will have the opportunity to work with the board to re-set policies and have a real impact in the direction of the Co-operative.
The Manager will be responsible for the following:
- The effective and efficient operation of West Turk in keeping with the rules and policies that govern the Co-operative.
- Responsibility for financial planning, management and reporting processes to meet regulatory requirements
- The implementation of the strategies and actions outlined in the West Turk Re-build Action Plan
- Contribution to and implementation of the West Turk Strategic and Business Plans.
- Provision of tenancy and property management services.
- Ensuring the Co-operative meets all regulatory and legal compliance requirements.
- To work with the Board of Directors to manage the development of the Co-operative as a Registered Housing Provider.
- Establishment and maintenance of effective external relationships including representing West Turk at external forums and meetings.
- Effective management of co-operative members and volunteers.
If you are self-motivated with great interpersonal skills and community housing experience, we would love to hear from you. Turkish language skills will be an advantage.
About the Organisation
West Turk is a small housing provider who aim to provide affordable housing for people with a Turkish background, who are unemployed or have low income due to age or other factors. West Turk has 31 properties in the St Albans area, under a General Lease with the Department of Health and Human Services (‘DHHS’).
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Housing Co-operative Manager via Pro Bono Australia.