About the Role
The role will be responsible providing legal and compliance advice to SSI’s corporate and program managers, identifying and mitigating legal risks pertaining to general commercial matters and supporting business units in reviewing and managing their legal and compliance activities. Key responsibiliti es include:
- Providing legal advice to internal management and business partners on key areas of legal and compliance risk across all areas of the organisation.
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents
- Reviewing organisational and departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance to legal, legislative and contractual requirement
- Communicating any changes to State and Federal legislation and regulations relevant to SSI’s operations
- Managing and undertaking special projects as required such as investigations, training staff in legal compliance, ensuring compliance with government contracts and frameworks
- Participating in due diligence projects to assess legal and compliance implications of joint ventures, new businesses and other projects as needed
- Supporting the compliance process of all existing and prospective contracts, including performing legal audits.
- Law degree with 3-5 years post-qualification experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a commercial lawyer
- Strong drafting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Unrestricted solicitor’s practising certificate
- Related experience as an in-house lawyer.
- Experience working on QLD and NSW matters
- Experience in general litigation and/or public and administrative law
- Excellent written and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to explain legal documents and/or advice in plain English
- Well-developed influencing and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to consult and negotiate effectively at senior levels
- Well-developed analytical, research and conceptual skills with the ability to provide appropriate solutions to complex problems and issues
- Well-developed time management – ability to manage daily, weekly and monthly activities in a dynamic environment
Please respond to the “About You” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities. We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
About the Organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Legal and Compliance Officer (Part-Time 3 days per week) via Pro Bono Australia.