About the Role
The MS Gateway and Information Specialist is an integral role within the organisation. Our goal is to ensure our clients never feel alone dealing with the impact of multiple sclerosis in their lives and this role is the first point of contact and sets up the relationship between the client and our organisation. This service is NOT a call centre. It is a client facing service providing support, referral to internal and external health professionals, services and resources.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated person to be part of an experienced and dedicated Team based in the Blackburn office.
- As the MS Intake & Information Specialist, you will be responsible for first contact with people affected by multiple sclerosis (and their family and/or carers) to provide support to enable people affected by MS to adjust to life changes, demonstrating active listening, building rapport and empathy in all communications
Other key areas of responsibility include (but are not limited to):
- Respond to contact from internal and external health professionals.
- Provide up to date information about multiple sclerosis
- Develop strong and collaborative working relationships with relevant agencies in order to promote the open sharing of information conducive to positive outcomes
- Complete all internal and external client referral requirements relating to each intervention
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone who has:
- Experience and knowledge of the community health sector
- A desire to make a difference for people living with a disability
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and working with people affected by multiple sclerosis or disability.
- Demonstrated understanding of person-centred practice.
- High level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work co-operatively in a small team environment and independently.
- Computer Literacy in using a range of Office computer packages.
- Understanding of the Disability and other key legislative reforms.
You will need to have a Diploma or higher in a related field – Allied Health, Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Disability Services or related field. Ideally, you will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in engaging and working with people affected by a disability.
So now that you have identified that this may be your next career step, here are the finer and important details to help support your goals:
This position is full time working 38hrs per week however part time will be considered (9 day fortnight). You will be offered a competitive remuneration package with generous tax-free salary packaging options (which means more in your take home pay) as well as the opportunity to work within a high profile, highly respected, not-for-profit Australian organisation.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check, possibly an International Police Check, a Working with Children Check and a Working with Vulnerable People Check.
Please note: From 1 November 2017, there is a requirement for all workers within a disability services organisation in Victoria to be screened against the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) List. A notification may also be made to the DWES unit should it be determined through other safety screening processes, such as a police check, that a person may fall within DWES criteria. For further information, please see www.dhs.vic.gov.au/disability-worker-exclusion-scheme.
MS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
About the Organisation
Introduction to MS:
Multiple Sclerosis Limited (MS) is a Not for Profit organisation, and a leading source of information, advice and services for individuals living with multiple sclerosis. The main focus of the organisation is to help minimise the impact of multiple sclerosis on individual lives and provide ongoing support to ensure their journey is not undertaken alone.
Working with MS:
At MS, team members have great satisfaction in knowing they are part of a team that is making a real difference to the lives of people living with multiple sclerosis.
MS strives to be an employer of choice and have developed an employee benefit program for all permanent and fixed term employees. These include:
Generous Salary Packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Birthday leave
- Bring Your Dog to Work!
- Discounted Private Health, life, travel & pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Purchased leave
- Rewards & Recognition program
- Learning & Development opportunities
……………. any many more!
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Jenny or Vivian
Phone : 03 9249 9650
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: MS Gateway & Information Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.