About the role
- Casual role
- Based in Bankstown
- Language required: Tamil
As potentially the first point of contact for people with disability from CALD backgrounds, the Multilingual Disability Hub Specialist will answer questions regarding disability in general, the NDIS and available supports in Tamil. The callers will most likely be people with disability, their families or carers, seeking information on disability supports available. The hotline is available in 14 languages, each language available one day per week.
Language required: Tamil (some Wednesdays, including 15 and 22 May 2019)
This role would suit someone who enjoys helping people, has excellent communication and customer service skills and strong attention to detail. Successful candidates will also possess the following;
- Experience working in the community and/or disability sector.
- Experience working in a call centre environment.
- Current and detailed knowledge of the NDIS, disability issues and supports available.
- Fluent in English and Tamil – spoken and written.
- An understanding of the needs and issues affecting people with disability from CALD backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure.
- High level administration and computer skills, including navigating (multilingual) and complex websites.
- Must be available on 15 and 22 May 2019 and potentially other Wednesdays
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
The FutureAbility National Multilingual Disability Hub provides relevant, in-language information, advice and referrals for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities on disability and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) through a national multiling ual hotline and a website.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Multilingual Disability Hub Specialist – Tamil via Pro Bono Australia.