About the role
- Part time 0.69 EFT, ongoing
- Monday-Thursday, and alternate Fridays
- Based at Essendon Adult Day Centre
The Essendon Adult Day Centre (EADC) provides a range of day programs for older people with high needs, including those who are frail and/or living with memory loss /dementia and/or other disabilities. The programs provide opportunity for meaningful social engagement and activities in a supportive environment, Program activities are designed to optimise participants’ health and wellbeing and draw on their personal strengths. The program aims to build capacity, support independent community living and enhance physical activity, cognitive stimulation, healthy nutrition, emotional well-being and social inclusion.
As an Activity Worker, your key responsibilities will comprise:
- Delivery of person centred activities ; and
- Collaborative team work
This role is suited to someone who is passionate about working in a rewarding field, open-minded with empathy, in addition to
- Minimum Certificate 3 in HACC Aged Care/ Disability;
- Certificate 4 in Leisure and Lifestyle;
- Certificate in Food Handling (unless covered in Certificate 3 above) desirable additional qualification;
- Current Level 2 First Aid certificate, including CPR, or willingness to complete desirable additional qualification;
- Sound knowledge base and relevant experience in working with this client group;
- Possessing well developed time management and organisational skills, including the ability to multi-task;
- Having the ability to establish respectful professional relationships that have clear boundaries with clients, colleagues and partner organisations;
- Actively listening to, and seeking out opinions and ideas from others, including participants and carers; and
- Holding a current Victorian driver’s licence.
About the organisation
We are delighted that you're taking an interest in working for cohealth. We offer you an opportunity to work within a great team of people and be supported in our caring, family friendly work culture. We believe in developing our people, to assist in driving continuous improvement within the organisation. At the same time, we‘re dedicated to creating a working culture where staff members can flourish. We work hard to ensure that all our positions are challenging and rewarding, where you can utilise and further develop your skills to truly make a difference, we also offer;
- Ongoing professional development opportunities;
- Keep your work-life balance in check with the flexibility of part-time hours;
- Not for Profit ‘Salary Sacrificing' benefits on top of your salary; and
- Work within an ambitious and fast paced environment and join a team with a heart! Love what
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Planned Activity Group (PAG) Worker via Pro Bono Australia.