About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the largest and longest running program of its kind in the world. We’re seeking an individual who’s passionate about alleviating poverty in Australia, highly motivated and organised to help the Saver Plus program achieve our objective of improving the financial wellbeing of lower income Australians.
Summary of program and its objectives
Saver Plus was developed by the Brotherhood of St Laurence and ANZ in 2003, and is currently delivered from more than 60 locations by a range of community agencies across Australia. Saver Plus is a matched savings and financial education program assisting individuals and families on lower incomes to build assets and improve financial capability. Saver Plus aims to increase the levels of savings of people on low incomes and help people build a long-term savings habit. The program empowers people to achieve their savings goals and to develop the skills to help them build a financial base for the future.
Main responsibilities of the role
The Program Manager position plays a key role in ensuring high-quality, efficient and consistent delivery of the Saver Plus Program, by supporting partner agencies and leading a team of geographically dispersed Coordinators.
- Guide and provide directions to Coordinators in the delivery of the program, including implementation of promotional and/or improvement activities, management of program requirements & reporting practices
- Build and support a geographically dispersed, collaborative team with a culture of cooperation, encouragement and accountability
- Identify, investigate procedure/process improvements, state based promotional opportunities for Saver Plus sites and make recommendations where appropriate
- Ensure and meet Program Management KPIs under the program’s Quality Framework
- Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Advice and consult to Saver Plus National office on process improvement, innovations and program design
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- Relevant experience and expertise in program and project management
- Proven experience in effectively managing service development and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of direct reports
- Strong understanding and focus on implementing, monitoring and maintaining quality and continuous improvement initiatives
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills with proven ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally and externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated understanding of community development principles including the issues of social and financial exclusion in Australia and familiarity with programs which seek to address these
- Takes ownership and responsibility for decisions
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems, analyse and interpret information and make appropriate recommendations
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills with the ability to plan workload, manage competing priorities and work to deadlines
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
- Qualifications in business, management, community development or other relevant fields
The position is full time working 38 hours per week. Salary will be in the range of $80,000 to $85,000 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
A copy of the position description can be downloaded at https://www.bsl.org.au/about/careers/jobs/ . For further information about the role phone Daniel Crotty on (03) 9445 2473.
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03)94452473
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Manager – Saver Plus via Pro Bono Australia.