About the Role
The Objectives of the position are:
CPA’s Grant Programs
- Coordinate the day to day operations of Creative Partnerships’ funding and development programs including; managing the application and assessment process, facilitating funding agreements and acquittals, and reporting on the outcomes of the programs.
- Liaise with artists and arts organisations regarding Creative Partnerships’ funding and development programs.
Sector Development Programs
- Project manage the development and implementation of development opportunities (including workshops, masterclasses, and partnered events) that are clearly and consistently designed to achieve Creative Partnerships’ strategic goals, including reporting on the outcomes of the programs
- Manage the duties of the position efficiently; being accountable for:
- briefs; and
- planning in conjunction with other staff.
The Key Duties of the position are:
CPA Grant Programs
- Work with the Executive Director, Strategy and Programs, to develop, manage and deliver Creative Partnerships’ funding and development programs.
- Provide accurate and timely administrative support to the grants process, including approving grant reports, populating and checking grant contracts, generating schedules of payments, and ensuring that accurate acquittal information is submitted.
- Assist in Creative Partnerships’ implementation of the evaluation of funding and development programs, including data gathering through our online platforms and systems to effectively project results
- Provide information and advice to artists and arts organisations about Creative Partnerships’ funding and development programs
Sector Development Programs
- Ensure sector development programs are delivered in a manner that is responsible, professional, financially sound and in accordance with Creative Partnerships’ policies and procedures including, event charters, briefs and evaluations.
- Be responsible for all budgets related to program delivery.
- Drive Creative Partnerships’ sector development activities to deliver high impact, results focused activities that support our strategic goals.
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications team regarding all event marketing collateral, media activity and online content; providing support to the Marketing and Communications team as required
- Keep up to date with developments in the arts and philanthropic sectors.
- Develop an understanding of the operations of other roles within the organisation and a willingness to provide support when required.
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director, Strategy and Programs.
The key relationships of the position are:
- Executive Director Strategy and Programs
- Creative Partnerships’ Marketing and Communications Team
- Creative Partnerships’ Programs team
- Creative Partnerships’ State Managers
- Guests and attendees
- Artists, Organisation Administrators
- Venues and caterers
The Key Selection Criteria are:
- Experience in grants management within the government, corporate or philanthropic sectors
- An understanding of the private sector and the principles of fundraising
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to build trust and rapport with stakeholders by phone and electronic media
- Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality events with a stakeholder focus, preferably in a membership organisation, association, government entity, not-for-profit or social enterprise
- Capacity to develop and manage efficient systems and processes related to program delivery
- Ability to identify improvements and implement changes to ensure the delivery of outstanding customer service
- Proficiency in Smarty Grants and Salesforce software
- Knowledge and professional experience across one or more arts practice area
- Previous professional experience within the arts sector and/or a funding organisation
Key attributes required are:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- A commitment to high quality customer service
- A desire to work as part of a small, dynamic team
About the Organisation
Creative Partnerships Australia works to foster a culture of private giving to the arts. It does this through a range of programs and services designed to develop the skills and knowledge of the arts sector, as well as working with artists and arts organisations, businesses and philanthropists to foster partnership, mentoring and investment opportunities.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9616 0330
To apply please send your CV together with a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria to: email@example.com by 5pm Thursday 28 March. Please clearly mark the application PROGRAM OFFICER in the subject line.
Queries: Matthew Morse - 03 9616 0330 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Program Officer via Pro Bono Australia.