About the role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this role will be responsible for the project management of key projects focused on mental health and suicide prevention in the construction and mining industries, delivering insights from existing research and translating this into practical solutions that support advocacy, and informs policy and program development. As the Research and Policy Manager, you will liaise with national stakeholders including researchers, partner organisations, construction industry stakeholders and other staff in the delivery of program initiatives on a national level.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in close collaboration with the research team, partners and end-user groups in all phases of study development
- Manage the coordination of all areas of the study, including the selection and recruitment of the study sample, industry participation and data collection
- Manage the development of study documentation including policies and protocols
- Drive the delivery of insights from existing research that informs and supports advocacy for the program
- Drive collaboration with stakeholders to manage project timelines, develop resources and disseminate findings
- Translate research findings into practical solutions that inform policy and program development
Skills & Experience required
- A postgraduate degree with a relevant research discipline
- Strong project management and organisation skills, and the ability to manage other stakeholders to deliver outcomes in accordance with project timelines
- Strong written communication skills – your ability to translate complex information to develop resources and disseminate findings in a range of formats will be essential to this role
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative data collection and analysis
- A willingness to travel to different parts of Australia
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to manage relationships with a range of stakeholders from policy and research environments
Benefits & Culture
This organisation fosters a friendly, honest and supportive team environment. Additional benefits include:
- 5 weeks of annual leave, plus a monthly RDO
- Appealing base salary with 14% superannuation and salary sacrificing available
- Travel insurance and income protection offered
About the organisation
This is a national suicide prevention organisation that focuses on raising awareness, building capacity, providing help and research to the construction industry. It delivers several training programs to various construction organisations that aim to raise awareness about suicide in the workplace, and to make it easy to access help and ensure that assistance is delivered practically, professionally and appropriately.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Research and Policy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.