About the Role
Passionate about women’s rights? Ready to drive real change?
We’re Marie Stopes International Australia, the leading international provider of sexual and reproductive health, and we’re looking for our next PDD Senior Advisor.
We want someone who wants to make change happen in the world of sexual and reproductive health. If you’re ready to see your work have a direct impact on the lives of thousands of women, across multiple countries, we’re ready to hear from you.
What we want you to do:
- Respond to tenders and write bids
- Develop pro-active funding proposals and strategies
- Track, identify and respond to specific opportunities
- Coordinate efforts between MSI and partner organisations
- Develop country fundraising strategies and liaise with senior staff in country
- Advise on donor priorities
- Build and maintain strong donor relationships
- Strengthen the capacity of MSI teams
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of MSI’s systems
- Provide external relations support
For a full list of the responsibilities of this role, please read the position description.
What we need:
- A pro-choice advocate
- Relevant Degree (public health, international development, business or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience working in international program management, business development, or international development
- Proven track record of developing technical strategies for complex proposals
- History of securing high-value contracts from donors, foundations, and trusts
- Proven experience in strategic planning, programmatic design and budget development
- Experience and demonstrated ability to manage a heavy and fluctuating workload
- A problem solver who is able to think on their feet and can remain calm under pressure
- Experience in working with statistical and financial data
- Great written communication skills, and the ability to get up to speed on relevant language and terminology quickly
- Culturally sensitive; demonstrating patience and respect when working with stakeholders from different backgrounds
- Ability to hold others accountable to deadlines
- Strong team player
What we’d like to see (but aren’t essential):
- Developing country work experience (desirable)
- Experience in international health and with bilateral donors including Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
What we’re offering:
- Salary packaging
- Supportive and friendly team
- Flexible work week (work from home)
- Potential for full time for the right candidate
- Opportunity to really make a difference in the world of SR
We will be interviewing for this role immediately. Applications should be submitted ASAP to be considered.
Please read the full position description before applying.
About the Organisation
We are a social enterprise organisation providing quality sexual and reproductive healthcare services to Australian women and men across our network of accredited health clinics within Australia.
Apply for this Job
At MSIA we believe in children by choice, not chance. Our vision is to help people take control of their sexual and reproductive health, and we can't do this without passionate and committed staff. We believe that diversity makes a better workplace, so we're an equal opportunity employer.
Marie Stopes International Australia values a safe working environment. As part of our recruitment and selection process, potential candidates will be required to undertake a background check.
Please be aware that if your application is successful, a member of our team will be in contact with you. Any questions regarding the application process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our National Support Centre provides crucial support and access to patients; please do not call it for information regarding job applications.
Quality - Integrity - Sustainability - Courage
Please quote in application: Senior Advisor – Program Design and Development via Pro Bono Australia.