About the role
Victoria Police provides Wellbeing Services 24/7 to employees, former employees and their families that include case management, counselling and referral to ‘Employee Assistance Program’ services. The Senior Operations Manager role sits within the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Division and reports to the Director and is a member of the senior leadership team. The Senior Operations Manager is central to the delivery of Health and Wellbeing Services and provides business support to all areas across Wellbeing Services. As an experienced Manager, you will also provide strategic advice and knowledge on operational policy and service development/delivery and work with the leadership team, internal business units and external stakeholders collaboratively to deliver quality services.
Your duties will include:
- Overseeing the business functions of the Unit from point of Reception.
- Supervising teams of staff including intake/triage and reception.
- Budget and roster management.
- Recruitment to positions as required.
- Management of Contracts delivering the organisational Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in the successful management of diverse teams with considerable business functions
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of quality business outcomes which are consistent with the strategic direction of the organisation
- Proven ability to monitor and manage stakeholder/client satisfaction and constructively manage issues to ensure positive outcomes
- A proven record of ethical behaviour and demonstrated commitment to delivering best practice services.
Requirements and relevant information:
- One (1) full time, ongoing position available.
- VPSG6 salary range $118,908 – $159,124 p.a + super + leave loading.
- This position may require regional travel across the state.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
Your application must include:
- Resume, and;
- Completed application form – attached to the job advertisement (on the VPS Careers page).
Applications close midnight, Sunday 31 March 2019 – applications will not be accepted via email.
For further information on this role please contact:
Director Sue Betson-Smith on (03) 9247 5434.
If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email VPSRECRUITMENT@police.vic.gov.au.
About the organisation
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Operations Manager (VPSG6) via Pro Bono Australia.