About the Role
About your opportunity
We are seeking an experienced and strategic policy professional to join the Cancer Strategy team. Reporting to the Head of Cancer Strategy, your role is to:
- Drive the policy and advocacy portfolio to improve cancer outcomes for Victorians diagnosed with cancer.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to monitor emerging issues, data, trends and evidence and provide responses to inform policy development and research initiatives related to treatment and support.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Strategy and Support Policy and Advocacy workplan, in line with the Victorian Cancer Plan
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Substantial experience in the development, delivery and evaluation of policy and projects.
- Excellent relationship management capacity to develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships at local, state and national levels.
- High level organisational skills to coordinate multiple partnerships and projects.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Tertiary degree in Health, Public Health, Social Sciences or another relevant discipline.
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term position for 3 years provides a salary within range $82,316 – $97,406 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
About the Organisation
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Strategy and Support Division’s goal is to minimise the impact of cancer on the Victorian community now and into the future. The Division comprises the Cancer Information and Support Services, Research Program and Governance Unit, Cancer Strategy and Optimal Care Pathways units.
The Cancer Strategy Unit is an instrumental part of the Strategy & Support Division, interfacing with cancer clinicians, consumer groups and supportive care policy makers. The Cancer Strategy Unit consists of several high-profile work areas, key to progressing the strategic priorities of Cancer Council, including the Education, Training and Peer Support Team, Information and Communications Team and the Clinical Network.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 9514 6299
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Policy and Engagement Advisor (CSU.05) via Pro Bono Australia.