About the Role
About the Role:
The ‘Centre for Family Violence’ (CFV) at Victoria Police is responsible for the design and delivery of Family Violence education for Victoria Police employees. The centre is positioned within Capability Development Division in People Development Command and has staff based across the state of Victoria.
The Centre for Family Violence (CFV) is constructing a new Family Violence Simulation Centre including indoor and outdoor simulation spaces to train police and VPS employees in best practice responses to Family Violence.
The Senior Project Officer (Simulation and Virtual Learning) will manage the strategic and operational delivery of simulation, virtual and immersive family violence leaning programs to Victoria Police employees. The Senior Project Officer will report directly to the Senior Manager and will be based at the Victoria Police Academy.
Please refer to the attached Role Statement document to see a comprehensive overview of the positions duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Some of your duties will include:
- Managing the design and delivery of contemporary family violence simulation and virtual learning training, including the provision of feedback to staff/participants on their performance.
- General day-to-day operation of the CFV Simulation Centre.
- Managing the functions and resources of simulation and virtual learning programs to provide effective family violence education/culture change programs to Victoria Police personnel.
- Managing the design of learning materials, assessment systems, procedures and evaluation templates in accordance with Centre of Family Violence (CFV) curriculum standards.
- Assisting with quality control of education products including maintaining consistency with State and Commonwealth Legislations, Victoria Police Policy, Procedure & Practice and Victoria Police IT applications and programs.
- Creating professionally written reports plus auditing/evaluation of training and associated resources as required.
- Monitoring feedback/practices to identify potential or recurring problems that may indicate a need for change in procedure and instigate remedial action at the local level.
- Identifying, monitoring and analysing issues, trends and developments and ensuring that the training needs are raised appropriately/addressed.
- Maintaining and ensuring the care, maintenance, control and security of office/simulation centre premises and equipment.
- Engaging in continuing research and professional development in areas of relevant subject matter expertise.
- Managing centre portfolios/project teams.
- Undertaking other CFV work as allocated.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Proven experience and sound technical/audio-visual skills to design, manage and deliver engaging and effective live simulation scenarios.
- The ability to collaborate professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Family Violence, policing, defence or emergency services knowledge is not required but would be considered an asset for this position.
- The ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals.
Requirements and relevant information:
- You will be required to have a current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or higher) or be prepared to undertake this and complete within 18 months.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- Position is located at the Victoria Police Academy, Viewmount Road, Glen Waverley.
- Please refer to the attached Role Statement document to see a comprehensive overview of the positions duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Your application must include:
- Completed application form with sufficient detail to address the questions therein. This form is attached to the job advertisement.
Applications close Sunday, 31 March 2019– No applications will be accepted via email.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact: Vanessa Brotto, Senior Manager, Centre of Family Violence on 0427 949 230 or via email email@example.com for further information on this role prior to submitting an application.
If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email VPSRECRUITMENT@police.vic.gov.au.
About the Organisation
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police:http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0427949230
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Senior Project Officer (Simulation and Virtual Learning) (VPSG5) via Pro Bono Australia.