About the Role
About the Opportunity
The primary focus of the Case Support Worker is organising daily priorities which directly support Specialist Family Violence Advocates and Managers within the Assessment and Response Teams. The Assessment and Response team is responsible for the initial intake function within EDVOS. The role also requires some discretionary decision making in relation to the safety and risk of women and children.
Essential to your success
- Certificate IV Welfare and Community Services or working towards tertiary qualification in human services field
- Basic understanding of family violence and theories that relate to family violence, including knowledge of Trauma Informed Practice and Case Management
- Competency with Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Excellent organisational, administration and time-management skills
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to foster positive working relationships and capacity to work as a member of a team
- Well-developed verbal, interpersonal and written skills
- Knowledge of the SHIP database is desirable
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. In this position you would be expected to be available to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation. Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 3 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9259 4200
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
For further information regarding the position, please contact Shaye on 03) 9259 4200. Applications including cover letter, CV and a separate document addressing the key selection criteria should be forwarded to email@example.com using the subject line: Case Support Worker - Assessment and Response (Inner East) by COB March 29 2019.
Appointments with EDVOS are subject to a police records check, working with children check and reference checks. EDVOS employ women only to most of our positions as per the findings of EEO exemption H327/2017 and by special measure. EDVOS values diversity in our workforce, actively promoting equal employment opportunities for all women. We encourage applications from women of diverse communities. EDVOS is a child-focussed and child safe organisation.
Please quote in application: Case Support Worker– Assessment & Response Team via Pro Bono Australia.