About the Role
Part time position (0.8)
Salary: $65,000k + Salary packaging
The Student Engagement Case Manager will work within a multidisciplinary team consisting of outreach teachers, school liaison officers, health care professionals and therapists supporting young people who are struggling to engage in an education program. The Case Manager provides assessment, educational planning and ongoing support and will:
- Work closely with key stakeholders to effectively engage and refer disengaged students
- Develop Individual learning and re-engagement plans
- Provide relevant data and reports regarding student disengagement and intervention outcomes in the local area
- Creating and strengthening partnerships with local agencies to obtain optimum outcomes
- To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting
- Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Experience and understanding of school communities
- Experience of and confidence in presenting to medium to large groups;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, and proven capacity to consult, negotiate and develop networks with a range of stakeholders to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes;
- Demonstrated experience working within a team to successfully attain project and company objectives;
- Experience in undertaking community development and/or training activities in the not-for-profit and/or education sector
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organization's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
If you like to be part of an organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Student Engagement Officer via Pro Bono Australia.