About the Role
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- An ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal children and their families.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of issues, policies, legislation and practices in relation to child and family welfare and in particular, children in kinship care.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in the provision of a high standard of case management practice.
- A proven ability to advocate on behalf of children and families.
- Demonstrated supervision skills and ability to conduct staff appraisals.
- A demonstrated ability to mentor staff by providing them with relevant information, support, feedback about their work, and opportunities for professional development.
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Kinship Care Program via Pro Bono Australia.