About the Role
In this newly created position, you will report directly to the General Manager of Nursing Services. Your daily duties will include:
- Collaboratively manage clinical cases with fellow team members and build rapport with clients
- Assist with medical and surgical cases
- Providing expert clinical education, expert advice and hands on educational support to nursing staff
- Coordinating internal/external nursing education programs
- Implement and maintain a schedule of competency assessments for nursing staff
- Identify gaps and ensure best practise programs are available
- Provide support to clinical policy development
- Performance management of nursing staff including goal setting and the creation of development plans
- Manage the nursing education budget as required
You will have:
- Formal qualifications in Vet Nursing
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Minimum of 4 years veterinary practice and/or experience in a similar role
- Proven experience mentoring staff in a veterinary practice and/or hospital
- Experience tailoring training and learning activities
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work a roster which may involve a variety of shifts
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- A flexible, friendly and positive attitude
- Ability to work sole charge
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a contribution to the professional development of a large dedicated team of nurses.
About the Organisation
An exciting and unique opportunity exists for a Vet Nurse Educator with a high level of vet nursing and mentoring experience to provide clinical services as well as training, educating and mentoring current nursing staff.
Who we are:
Lort Smith is Australia’s largest not for profit animal hospital with a clear vision as the recognised leader in Australia for animal health and wellbeing. Located in the heart of Melbourne’s hospital and health precinct in North Melbourne, Lort Smith has a significant 80 year history having grown from humble roots. Today Lort Smith reaches deep into the community through three streams - in our hospital by providing exceptional veterinary care and preserving the human-animal bond irrespective of a person’s circumstance; in our adoption centre by providing sanctuary, rehabilitation, welfare and a new home for animals; and through our community outreach programs by promoting responsible pet ownership and nurturing the human-animal bond. To learn more about Lort Smith go to: www.lortsmith.com
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0392876407
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Vet Nurse Educator via Pro Bono Australia.