About the Role
- Six Month, Part-Time Position (22.8 hours per week)
- Competitive Salary plus NFP Salary Packaging Options
- Utilise your case work experience to assist disadvantaged youth
SFSS’s Greenlight Movement (GLM) is seeking an enthusiastic Case Worker who possesses strong organisational skills to assist towards the delivery and development of the Greenlight Movement; an innovative learn to drive mentor program for disadvantaged youth.
The Greenlight Movement Case Worker role assists young people to change their life outcomes by providing the crucial assistance needed to overcome the obstacles caused by disadvantage that are preventing them from achieving their driving goal.
Greenlight Movement (GLM) Case Worker is primarily responsible for providing professional support and assistance towards the delivery and development of the Greenlight Movement in Bondi Junction as well as supporting the coordinator in the Paddington office.
Reporting to the GLM Program Coordinator, the position has 3 key responsibilities which include, but are not limited to (a full list of responsibilities can be found by requesting a copy of the position’s duty statement):
- Participant Assessment, Recruitment, Retention and Support;
- Volunteer Assessment, Recruitment, Retention and Support;
- Program Support – create and sustain networks with key stakeholders and partners
The GLM Case Worker is responsible for assisting with ensuring the continuation, enhancement and future expansion of the program in the Bondi Junction area. This position requires the development of effective relationships with a variety of external stakeholders and program partners, most particularly Greenlight Movement sponsors and supporters, professional driving school instructors, local councils and our growing number of partner community service providers.
The position will operate from Paddington. However there may be occasions where there will be requests to travel and work in Bondi Junction area.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or Advanced Diploma in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience working with disadvantaged young people and an understanding of complex issues surrounding youth at-risk
- High level of organisational skills. Experience in a case management, program development role.
- High level written and oral communication
- Demonstrable professional administration experience
- Ability to plan and achieve work goals independently
- Willingness and capacity to engage with volunteers
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with external stakeholder
- Sector knowledge and/or experience in working with Culturally Diverse Communities
- Class C Drivers Licence and ability to drive a Manual vehicle
Other desired skills that will assist the role:
- Volunteer management experience
- Sponsorship management
- Community or program development experience
Applicants should address Essential Skills (found in the position description) in covering letters.
Statutory requirements and salary expectation:
Applicants will be subject to a Working with Children Check and the National Criminal Record Check.
Applicants must reside in and provide evidence of rights to work in Australia. Temporary work visas will not be considered.
About the Organisation
Established in 1978, St Francis Social Services has been working to uphold the intrinsic dignity of each person by providing support and advocacy to empower the most disadvantaged and marginalised within our community.
Our service focus supports young people experiencing significant disadvantage and individuals and families seeking asylum.
For more information on Greenlight Movement go to: stfrancis.org.au/greenlight-movement
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your application, attaching your resume and a cover letter addressing the essential skills to Maurizio Vespa, CEO St Francis Social Services:
Please quote in application: Case Worker – Greenlight Movement via Pro Bono Australia.