About the role
Exceptional leader, advocate & influencer to grow & shape strategically well-placed NFP while augmenting its vital services to members
- Dynamic leadership role with a big profile. Significant 6 figure package.
- Commercial and/or nonprofit advocacy and image influencing essential
- Prepared to pay unswerving respect to this organisation’s charitable mission
Driven by its mission ‘to enhance the lives of people with spinal cord damage,’ this leading membership organisation offers advocacy, therapy and support to assist members to live independently in an equitable, inclusive and integrated community.
With a turnover of $35m+ and employing over 900 staff, it is presently delivering quality services to meet the needs of over 1,800 clients and 1,200 members. Although the rollout of NDIS has brought challenges – many of them ongoing – astute growth strategies and new sustainable income streams have kept the business firmly on track.
Financially robust, with a great management team and supportive Board, a well-considered strategic plan has been mapped and will be ready for implementation once input from the new CEO can be included.
So, thanks to active stewardship, this NFP is well-placed overall to continue with its expansion plans, while scrupulously maintaining its core objective of meeting the needs of its clients.
Clearly, it’s poised to enter a new stage of its life.
But to fulfil all of its potential, this vital, progressive non-profit is now in imperative need of a new champion. A person of vision and empathy, high ethics, steady hands and significant success in a comparable role.
Personable and confident, media savvy, affable and generally well equipped – by presentation and reputation – to act as ‘the face’ of this business, you bring outstanding inter-personal and communications skills.
With a gift for moving easily among all types of people at various socio-economic levels, your exceptional talents as an advocate, networker and influencer are amply reflected through previous roles as an Executive in non-profit and/or commercial enterprise.
Well-connected in both government and corporate circles, you are assured, good-natured and a practised speaker but also essentially humble, collaborative and ‘hands-on’; someone who is quick to lend a hand anywhere that it’s needed.
Foremost among the accomplishments it’s expected you will bring are:
- a full suite of core business management skills, including staff, finances, resources & risk
- strong leadership, advocacy and stakeholder management skills, (ideally gained) in a contemporary NFP in disability, health or community sectors
- proven success in managing organisational transformation in response to disruptive changes in the external business environment
- a record of selecting and executing strategies to maximise stakeholder value over the longer term
- tertiary qualifications in business, management or similar
- and the capacity to manage people, processes and technology to maximise efficiency and value for money.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: CEO – NATIONAL NFP BRISBANE via Pro Bono Australia.