About the role
- A sensational opportunity to join one of Australia’s leading international not-for-profits
- Fixed term 3 years
- Melbourne based
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) you will be responsible for the management of the finance functions of Oxfam Australia – this includes leading the agency’s annual budgeting and reporting processes and providing strategic oversight on all financial matters.
In collaboration with the Chief Executive and Director of Corporate Services, you will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the agency’s financial strategy.
You will be a dynamic leader responsible for the management and leadership of the Finance Team. Working closely with the senior management and leadership teams you will provide technical oversight and support for all finance related matters.
A little about you (the key selection criteria)
To be successful in this role you will have;
- In depth knowledge of management and financial accounting with a professional accounting/finance background
- Proven senior management experience in a complex environment including the ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team
- Appropriate qualification in accounting or a related discipline
- Membership of either the Institute of Chartered Accountants or CPA Australia
- Strong financial management and numerical skills
- Collaborative working as part of a leadership team
- Experience within a Not for Profit organisation would be highly regarded
We can offer you
- A competitive salary plus superannuation, superior leave benefits and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,450 of your salary tax-free)
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to tackle poverty and make a positive impact around the world
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and ample opportunities for career progression and development
Applicants will be required to show proof of their right to work in Australia and successful applicants will be subject to the satisfactory clearance of a Police Records Check, and Counter Terrorism and Aid Diversion check.
We promote diversity and practice equality. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organisations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by five core values: Accountability, Empowerment, Equality, Inclusiveness and Sustainability.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Therefore, all successful applicants will be required to sign Oxfam Employee Code of Conduct, Oxfam Australia’s Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct and adhere to Oxfam Australia’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Financial Officer via Pro Bono Australia.