About the role
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Creation, delivery and management of ygap’s annual budget and , preparing forecasts each year and each half year
- Management of ygap’s bookkeeper and responsibility for group reporting.
- Manage ygap’s compliance requirements and compliance calendar
- Oversee global finance needs and compliance across regions that we work in and will work in
- Strategy & Budget: Support the CEO to deliver on ygap’s strategy and budget
- Designing and implementing business strategies, plans and procedures
- Supporting the GM of Impact, and the GM of Fundraising & Marketing & Communications Manager to align work across all thre areas and deliver on ygap’s global impact objectives & fundraising targets aligned with the organisation’s strategy
- Operations: Overseeing daily operations of the organisation and executives
- Provide monthly reports to the CEO and other reports on critical issues.
- Preparation of materials for quarterly Board and Internal Committee meetings.
- Develop, evaluate and monitor holistic key measures to analyse the organisation’s performance and growth
- Risk – work with the CEO and IC to manage the Risk Register
- Support the CEO in operational matters relating to HR, operations and marketing
- Support the CEO and team in any critical matters
Time Commitment and Travel
There may be periodic meetings and events outside of ‘traditional’ businesses hours due to the time zone difference of the global team and where they are based. There may also be some travel required intermittently throughout the year for periods of up to two weeks.
The COO/CFO will be a full-time role based in ygap’s HQ office in Richmond, Australia.
About the organisation
ygap is an international development not-for-profit with an innovative approach to alleviating poverty. We back innovative impact ventures led by local people in some of the world’s toughest communities. This is the most effective and sustainable way to tackle poverty; local impact entrepreneurs deeply understand the unique challenges of their communities and are best placed to develop impactful solutions. ygap provides the opportunity, training, funding and the ongoing support to grow social impact ventures and lift communities out of poverty. We work across Africa, SE Asia, the Pacific and Australia. To date, we have supported over 444 entrepreneurs & improved the lives of over 620,000
people living in poverty.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: COO/CFO via Pro Bono Australia.