About the Role
- Fixed term (July 2019 – February 2021), Full-Time
- Work with a great team in Australia and with colleagues in 20 countries
- Melbourne based
The Country Projects Manager is an integral role in the Melbourne-based Mining for Sustainable Development global programme team and will work with TI country offices (Chapters) in the implementation of the programme at the country level. The successful candidate will value working collaboratively as part of a small team on a global programme with opportunities to travel and work with diverse stakeholders from around the world.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of country work plans, including contributing to the development of national, regional and global advocacy messages and identifying relevant advocacy opportunities. They will provide oversight, and ensure that reporting obligations are met as well as providing narrative reporting for the programme to the donor/s. The role also involves collaborating with participating Chapters to strengthen their organisational, project management and implementation capacity, and identifying opportunities for Chapters to provide peer support and to share what they learn with each other. In addition, the Country Projects Manager will be responsible for overseeing the programme’s monitoring, evaluation and learning framework, and supporting the Country Projects Coordinator in its implementation.
To be successful in this role, the Country Project Manager will (key competencies):
- Have a postgraduate university degree or professional qualifications in social sciences, public policy or administration, management, organisational development, international law, international development or other relevant field;
- Have 7+ years of experience in project management with excellent attention to detail,
- Demonstrated experience working on complex multi-country projects(with experience of having worked in the global South a distinct advantage);
- Experience of or demonstrated interest in working on governance / anti-corruption in the extractives sector (with mining sector experience a distinct advantage);
- Experience with capacity development concepts and processes; and
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English, with business- level Spanish or French an advantage.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to help lead a global initiative designed to generate tangible and lasting change in the fight against corruption; while directly contributing to TI Australia’s strategic development and global leadership.
Please note that you must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position.
About the Organisation
Transparency International Australia (TI Australia), the Australian chapter of the world’s leading non-governmental anti-corruption movement, is implementing Phase II of the global ‘Mining for Sustainable Development’ programme. This programme seeks to achieve real change in combatting corruption in the mining sector and building the capacity of TI Australia as a Centre of Expertise on anti-corruption in mining.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Please submit a document addressing the key competencies and a CV with three professional referees. Send to email@example.com with the subject line: Application for Country Project Manager
See attached position description for further details.
Please quote in application: Country Projects Manager via Pro Bono Australia.