About the role
- Raise philanthropic funds to support research and scholarships
- Full time, continuing role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $109,673 – $116,295 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
In this role
La Trobe’s Advancement Office (AAO) manages relationships with key university stakeholders in order to undertake major gift fundraising, alumni engagement and giving, donor stewardship and bequests.
The Development Manager is responsible for developing and managing relationships with high net worth individuals in order to raise philanthropic funds to support research and scholarships. Duties in this role may include:
- Managing a portfolio of high net worth prospects in order to generate philanthropic funds for La Trobe University.
- Planning, developing, reviewing and amending cultivation strategies in order to find the best opportunities for individual prospects to donate.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for prospects to support philanthropically.
To succeed, you will possess:
- Completion of a university degree and/or an equivalent combination of knowledge, training or experience relevant to fundraising.
- Demonstrated senior experience in major gift fundraising, or equivalent from a business development context.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships internally and externally and to communicate effectively on a range of sensitive and complex issues.
- Demonstrated values aligned with La Trobe’s Cultural Qualities – Innovative, Accountable, Connected, Care, focus on continuous improvement and high-quality service delivery
Closing date: 1st of May @ 11.55pm
Position Description below:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please briefly address the Key Selection Criteria within your covering letter.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Caitlin Hosking, Senior Recruitment Business Partner on (03) 9479 1324.
About the organisation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.