About the Role
A rare opportunity exists for an experienced and dynamic educator to join the Education Services team at Ronald McDonald House Westmead, as an Education Coordinator.
This part-time (4-days per week), maternity leave cover position works with the Education Services Manager to deliver programs and support to children and siblings in house and across NSW.
Our new 60 room house is located in the grounds of the Children’s Hospital and offers a home environment for seriously ill children and their families.
- 4 days per week, 12 month contract (maternity leave) commencing in June 2019
- Based at Ronald McDonald House, adjacent to the Children’s Hospital at Westmead, NSW.
- Salary range: $57,502 – $80,000 (pro rata) + 9.5% superannuation + PBI salary packaging to achieve a tax effective competitive salary package.
- Essential: Qualified and experienced Primary /Secondary teacher.
- Desirable: Experience in an allied health setting or not for profit organization will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement, sensitivity and assertiveness in supporting students and families who are managing a range of academic, physical and personal pressures.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, problem solve and handle highly sensitive information with discretion and integrity.
- Sound understanding of the contemporary issues challenges in education and proven track record of experience as an educator (leadership experience will be highly regarded).
- Exemplary written communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including First Nations peoples.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills, with a demonstrated ability to represent the organisation to relevant internal and external stakeholders (schools, health professionals, other not for profits).
- High level of organisational, administration, collaboration and time management skills including the ability to work effectively under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principles and application of children protection legislation, privacy legislation and Work Health and Safety legislation.
About the Organisation
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is a charitable organisation set up to help seriously ill children and their families. RMH Westmead is one of 17 Ronald McDonald Houses across Australia providing programs for children that help keep families close.
RMH Westmead opened a new 60 room House in early 2018. Our House provides a ‘home away from home’ for families with a very sick child. Our team of dedicated staff and volunteers are on hand to provide support throughout the family’s stay. Our Education Services Centre provides support to children in-house and across NSW.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Jacqueline Brewer - Education Services Manager
Phone : 02 9806 7137
Email : email@example.com
Your application should include your CV and a separate document, systematically addressing the selection criteria listed above. Please send documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are required to hold a Working with Children Check and submit to a National Police Check.
Please quote in application: Education Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.