About the Role
A rare opportunity exists for an experienced finance manager to join Malthouse Theatre. This full-time position works with the Co-CEOs and Head of Departments to generate the best financial results for Malthouse Theatre with the artistic framework developed by the Artistic Director and within the regulatory environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Budgeting and sensitivity analysis;
- Managing financial performance, including monitoring and forecasting;
- Supervision of all accounting functions such as revenue, accounts payable, payroll, asset register;
- Cash management;
- Timely financial reports including Board reports, grant acquittals, touring reconciliations, preparation of accounts for annual audit, cash flow monitoring;
- Generating business opportunities including new processes, income sources, expenditure savings;
- Advice to Co-CEOs to facilitate effective financial and strategic planning.
Qualification and Experience
- Proven success in the management of a small to medium-sized financial services team;
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a financial manager;
- Knowledge, understanding and/or interest in the performing arts;
- Hands-on manager, proactive in nature with maturity, warmth and openness as key personal traits;
- Experience with MYOB accounting software.
- Effective management of stakeholder relationships including capacity to build relationships with a wide range of people;
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a team to deliver timely outcomes;
- Excellent communication skills.
Knowledge and experience in the following would be an advantage:
- Experience or interest in arts administration;
- Workforce Planning.
About the Organisation
At Malthouse Theatre we collaborate with local and international artists to create inventive performances that cut to the core of the human experience. Theatre has the power to interrogate, disrupt and to be an agent of change—and we think it always should. At Malthouse Theatre the work we produce explores the world personally, socially and politically. Based in a dedicated venue, The Coopers Malthouse in Melbourne, we are a home for live experiences that entertain and provoke a dialogue with and within audiences.
For further information about the company, visit malthousetheatre.com.au.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9685 5150
Email : email@example.com
Applications should include:
- A cover letter of no more than two pages addressing the Required Skills and Attributes; and
- A curriculum vitae.
Please forward applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00am, Monday 1st May 2019.
Please quote in application: Finance Manager via Pro Bono Australia.